So, I was nominated by Tracy Line for the Liebster Award. I’m honored to be selected by Tracy simply because she’s a published author and I’m still a bit awkward at this blogging thing.
So, thank you so much, Tracy Line. I’m fairly new to blogging and have less than 3000 followers which qualifies me for this nomination.
The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers in order to support and encourage them in their blogging. The guidelines for receiving the award varies, however, the general rules are as follows:
– Post your award to your blog in a blog post
– Answer the 10 questions that were given to you by the fellow blogger who nominated you
– Nominate 3-10 other bloggers you have discovered with less than 3,000 followers
– Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Here are my questions and answers:
1-What made you want to start a blog?
My Facebook posts were called a ministry and began to include “notes”. Someone read a post and suggested I begin blogging, “leave my footprint here”. I was touched by the compliment and began my blog.
2-What have you learned by throwing yourself out into the blog-o-sphere?
That there are thousands of bloggers, so many whose voices are similar to mine. I’ve learned to be true to my story and my voice and not write to anticipate or compare.
3-What is something few people know about you?
Few people see my crazy, silly, fun side. My daughter has videos to prove that I’m not infinitely deep and profound.
4-When you were 7, what did you want to be when you grew up ?
I wanted to take care of children. I have clear recall of noticing children who might need a little help.
5-Do you have a mentor? If so, tell us about him/her.
I don’t have a mentor. I do have a daughter who keeps me in check. I have an encourager, my cousin Vickie who pulls no punches, but balances her tough critique with reminders of how greatly I am loved and valued. She is also responsible for the truth of “Don’t you think we’re already vulnerable enough? I know I am.” Priceless truth!
6-If you could have anything in the world, just for a day, what would it be?
7-Tell us a favorite memory from your childhood.
drinking coffee from a saucer at grandma’s
8-What is your favorite kind of candy
9-If you have to give up one of these 3 things-television, your phone or print books, which would it be?
10-What would a perfect day look like to you?
Quiet house, just me with prayer, writing, painting maybe a walk
So here are my picks:
So, here are your 10 questions:
- Are you content in blogging or is it your dream/aspiration or calling to write?
- What holds you back?
- What is your favorite, most genuine or impactful post in your opinion?
- What leads you write, either educationally or experiences that compel you to share your wisdom?
- Do you have a profession, other than writing?
- Do find it beneficial to engage in webinars or conferences? If so, are there some you’d recommend?
- Does your family understand your desire to write?
- If you aspire to write, is your choice memoir, fiction, devotional or other?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What’s your favorite food…running out of ideas ;)?